Subject: Re: Tool for converting a multi-file DTD to a single-file DTD?
From: Marcus Carr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 1 May 2002 09:01:42 +1000

Ariel Anderson wrote:

> So, now for my difficulty.  We have a proprietary XML document repository
> and it will not take DTDs that consist of multiple files or that contain
> parameter entities.  Does anyone know of a tool/parser/whatever that can
> take my multi-file, parameterized DTD as input and output a single-file DTD
> with all parameter entities expanded?

I've always relied on FrameMaker+SGML to flatten SGML DTDs - it does a very
nice job of them. The most recent version (7.0) apparently accepts XML DTDs as
well, but the very early beta version that I tried it with crashed...:-(

--
Regards,

Marcus Carr                      email:  [log in to unmask]
       - Einstein