Subject: Re: MS & XML
From: Bruce Tong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 14 Sep 1999 15:27:05 -0400

> Some people are always ready to flame someone.   Ah, well - ya can't please
> everybody.

Oh! I hope the following reply of mine wasn't interpreted as a flame...

> > A follow-up to Bruce Tong's post: Knowing Microsoft (and its FUD-like
> > approach to compromise Java), I would be very careful about jumping onto
> > the "windows DNA" bandwagon.  Microsoft's schema implementation is a
> > subset of XML-Data.  I do not know if they plan to support the full
> > XML-Data schema (if/when its approved).
> >
> > I'm sure someone out there can tell us much more about Microsoft's plan
> > for XML and schemas (and hopefully warn us about any proprietary
> > issues).
>
> As before, these are uninformed opinions of somebody only partially read
> up on XML and with only a little direct experience with it. I won't
> pretend to know the in's and out's of MS's XML plans. I speak only
> from the standpoint of my general experience as a developer...

I intended the above to be a disclaimer for my post, not to pick on the
previous person. My appologies if this was confusing.

--

Bruce Tong                 |  Got me an office; I'm there late at night.
Systems Programmer         |  Just send me e-mail, maybe I'll write.