XML-L@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE

XML-L Home

XML-L  March 1999

XML-L March 1999

Re: Completeness of XML File Sets

Linda van den Brink <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 8 Mar 1999 16:01:23 +0100

I always use Ultraedit for my HTML, XML, SGML, etc. If you haven't seen it,
it's worth a look! It's a text editor, but with powerful features such as
user-definable syntax highlighting (they already have XMl syntax
highlighting based on TEI-lite, I think, but you can add your own
elements/attributes), macros, templates, file compare, great search &
replace with regular expressions, also fast search/replace in multiple files
(without having to open them first). Most importantly, you can define and
configure "user tools", effectively allowing you to start applications from
within Ultraedit. For example, I used it to create a button on my toolbar
that calls Expat to parse the currently open XML file. It's very easy to
use, too!

If you want to take a look, go to http://www.ultraedit.com