XML-L@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE

XML-L Home

XML-L  October 2011

XML-L October 2011

Announce: Online video lectures covering XSLT/XPath 1.0 and 2.0 (Free five-hour introductory preview)

"G. Ken Holman" <[log in to unmask]>

Mon, 31 Oct 2011 14:01:53 -0400

Crane Softwrights Ltd. is pleased to announce the online, reliable
cloud-based availability of its XSLT/XPath DVD-ROM video training
product on Udemy "The Academy of You" for access from any web
browser:  http://ude.my/t37DVX  Note you do not have to create an
account in order to watch the five hours of free content of the
video; you only have to create an account in order to buy the paid
content of the video.

"Practical Transformation Using XSLT and XPath" is over 24 hours of
the instructor lectures, with hands-on exercises and solutions, of
our intensive five-day training class.

The introduction/overview is free, the first two modules are free,
the introduction of every other module is free, and the annexes are
free: a total of 311 minutes of free preview content!  This is, in
effect, a free video lecture introduction to XSLT/XPath for any
beginner.  You only create an account and pay if you want access to
the other 19 hours of comprehensive and in-depth lecture and to the
hands-on exercises and solutions.

Please use the following abbreviated link and share the link as
broadly as you wish (especially if you are a development manager or a
member of a team of developers or a user group or industry mail list
or a vendor of a product that incorporates XSLT or XPath; note first
at the bottom all of the lists to which I'm already posting this announcement):

    http://ude.my/t37DVX  (it helps me not to use the longer direct link)

This class overviews the entire scope of the Extensible Stylesheet
Language Transformations (XSLT) 1.0 http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt, XSLT
2.0 http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt20, the XML Path Language (XPath) 1.0
http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath and XPath 2.0 http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath20
W3C Recommendations, used for transforming structured information
(e.g. XML to XML, XML to HTML, XML to XSL-FO, XML to text, etc.). The
objectives of the course are to understand the role and utility of
the Recommendations, to overview all the constructs of the
Recommendations (this five-day delivery covers every element, every
attribute, and every function), to design and develop XSLT scripts,
and to efficiently navigate the available documentation and
resources. The relationship of XSLT to XSL is explained, though
details of XSL Formatting Object semantics are not included.

Paid subscription grants perpetual access to the Udemy delivery of
all of the material associated with this class.  Return to it at any
time!  They are responsible for maintaining the access and up-time to
the material.

This material is also available as on-site instructor-led training,
in addition to all our other syllabi, for delivery worldwide by the
instructor or through branded licensing to training
organizations.  See
http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/training/pastsch.htm#ptux for a
history and http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/schedule.htm#summary for
a list of syllabi.

I just discovered http://udemy.com last week and it was very
straightforward to mount and publish my video training content
recorded three and a half years ago.

Please contact me off list for more information.

p.s. please forgive me for sending copies even though the lists share
many of the same members, but I'm trying to reach independent users
on each list

cc: XSL List, XML Dev, XML-L, W3C-XSL-FO, XML-Doc, Antenna House
List, Render X List, oXygen List, MarkLogic List, Schematron List,
XML Gov and Google+

Free 5-hour video lecture: XSLT/XPath 1.0 & 2.0 http://ude.my/t37DVX
Crane Softwrights Ltd.            http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/l/
G. Ken Holman                   mailto:[log in to unmask]