Subject: Re: book
From: Robin Cover <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 19 Jun 1998 06:40:31 -0500

Monica khurana wrote:

> Thursday, June 18, 1998 10:57 AM
> To:     [log in to unmask]
> Subject:        book
> Could anybody suggest a good book or a good tutorial on the net on XML.
> I am more concerned about the implementation side of it.
> I am presently working on XML and am not finding too many resources
> on XML implementation.  Does anybody have a suggestion.

Monica, have a look at:

Leventhal, Michael; Lewis, David; Fuchs, Matthew; with Stuart Culshaw and
   Gene Kan. Designing XML Internet Applications. The Charles F. Goldfarb
   Series on Open Information Management. [Subseries:] The Definitive XML
   Series from Charles F. Goldfarb. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall
   PTR, [May] 1998. Extent: xxxii + 584 pages, CDROM. ISBN: 0-13-616822-1.

A brief description of Leventhal's book is linked from here:

and I'll be posting a more complete review of the book soon.

The volume by David Megginson in this series is valuable if you need
assistance at the application level, particularly in setting up
(meta-) DTDs.  Viz.,

Megginson, David. Structuring XML Documents. Charles F. Goldfarb Series
    on Open Information Management. The Definitive XML Series from Charles
    F. Goldfarb. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall PTR, [March] 1998.
    Extent: xxxviii + 425 pages, CDROM. ISBN: 0-13-642299-3.

I assume that the two volumes published most recently in the Goldfarb
XML Series are also apropos of your work, but I have not seen them

Rick Jelliffe. The XML and SGML Cookbook. Recipes for Structured
    Information. The Charles F. Goldfarb Series on Open Information
    Management. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall PTR, May 1998.
    Extent:  650 pages, with CD-ROM. ISBN: 0-13-614223-0.

Sean McGrath. XML by Example. Building E-Commerce Applications. The
    Charles F. Goldfarb Series on Open Information Management. Upper
    Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall PTR, [June] 1998. ISBN: 0-13-960162-7.

Best wishes,

Robin Cover                    Email: [log in to unmask]
6634 Sarah Drive
Dallas, TX  75236  USA          >>> The SGML/XML Web Page <<<
Tel: +1 (972) 296-1783 (h)
Tel: +1 (972) 708-7346 (w)
FAX: +1 (972) 708-7380