Subject: Re: The character "@" and gender studies...
From: Walter Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 26 Oct 2002 17:26:09 +0200

On Sat, 26 Oct 2002 10:55:15 -0400, Gary Munch wrote:

> But, in looking for a new plural form (which
>search got us LeserInnen) I'm surprised that simply adding the other
>common plural ending -en wasn't considered.

"Leseren" neither looks nor sounds like a plural to me.
It does not look or sound like a German word at all.
(That's why I did not understand your proposal immediately.)

I don't know how the solution with the inner capital was
invented,  but I assume that it was just a striking idea,
rather than the result of systematic thinking.  (And
everyone was able to understand it at once!)

Greetings
Walter