Subject: Re: Eye of the beholder
From: Gunnar Swanson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 13 Jun 2000 22:54:45 -0700

Akin to TSR but not specifically a parody might be Ed Fella and Jeff
Keedy's "Hard Times"--essentially Times with many of the serifs gone. BTW,
I really like Times New Random even
though my first try at downloading it froze my system. Let's see--how many
copies do you have to give away for free before you start making money on a

Hannah wrote:
>>Speaking of which, has anyone ever created a "parody" font?
>Somebody on another list I'm on (about sample-based music, incidentally)
>created a font called Times Screwed Roman, which is exactly what it sounds
>like.  He included an explanatory paragraph on his website which made it
>very clear that the font was done as a parody, but Monotype was unamused,
>and Times Screwed Roman is no more (except for copies on the hard drives of
>all the members of the plunderphonia list, downloaded just on principle
>:).  Nevermind that Times New Roman comes free with every PC in tarnation,
>they were convinced that TSR was somehow losing them income....

Gunnar Swanson Design Office
59 North Linden Drive
Ventura CA 93004-1236

v: +1 805 647 7000