Subject: 'In' sans serif
From: Hamish Lawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Wed, 16 Nov 1994 10:54:51 +0100

Daniel Will-Harris wrote

> Actually the "in" sans serif face of the moment is Frutiger.

Here in the UK I've noticed a lot of stuff being done in Frutiger
which at one time would have been done in Helvetica -- package
labelling, small ads, signs, leaflets, etc. For everyday
applications such as these Frutiger is becoming quite popular; and
I'm glad to see a type with a bit more refinement than Helvetica
(IMO) being used for these applications. However, in applications
such as display ads, TV commercials, CD covers, and 'glossy'
posters, the sans serif type which I've seen most often being used
to convey a 'with it' message is Rotis Sans or Semisans.

Hamish Lawson

Hamish Lawson, School of Computing and Mathematics,
University of Teesside, Middlesbrough, Cleveland,
United Kingdom, TS1 3BA

Tel: +44 (0)1642 342693
Email: [log in to unmask]