Subject: InDesign slow
From: Michael Everson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 21 Jun 2003 01:18:00 +0100

At 11:10 -0400 2003-06-20, brian sooy wrote:

>We have four PPCs here, and the only one it seems to not run well on is a
>867 Mhz G4 with a small L2 cache. Shouldn't have bought that machine, it's a
>dog and runs horribly slow with everything with that puny L2 cache.

My Cube has a 500 Mhz G4 with 1MB L2 cache (but I've had it since
March 2001). When I save up to buy the 24" flat monitor I will retire
the Cube in favour of the 867 Mhz 12" PowerBook, but it does have a
256K L2 cache.... I would hope that Adobe is optimizing InDesign
though....

I did successfully typeset a very short document with InDesign today. :-)