Subject: Sans or Serif/What a joke!
From: Roy Preston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Sat, 18 Apr 1998 10:22:20 +0100

Charles Wahl wrote:

> People find it easiest to read faces with which they are
> familiar. If they read a newspaper every day in a
> well-chosen sansserif, I believe that they would
> eventually find it comfortable.

Charles, you have a point here. The handwritten letters I receive from a
friend used to be extremely difficult to decipher, but now I have no
problem with their legibility.

Perhaps we're all being a little too elitist about this? Given time -- a
generation or so -- 'FF Motive' could well become the next Garamond.

Roy P