Help for IRTRAD-L Archives

IRTRAD-L Archives

Subject: Re: Melchizedek
From: Marc Bridgham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 23 Aug 2001 04:53:28 -0500

Oops, stuck my foot in it!  I got on the list tonight for the first time in
a while, saw the request on Melchizedek, read the first couple of responses
and dashed off a response, thinking to be helpful.  Then found the gazillion
other posts about Melchizedek, both information and the double loop on
appropriateness of thread.

Lesson for me - read all the old mail before you post.

As the administrator for another list on a totally different subject, but
which has the same issues occasionally around "don't talk about it here",
IMHO healthy forums have a conversation life of their own, if a question or
comment evokes a thread, no matter it's seeming disconnect from the list
purpose, let it ride, there's a reason it's being sustained.  If  there's no
energy for a thread it will die a natural death without disciplining.  There
are exceptions to this, of course, personalities that intrude, etc.  Just
like in sessions.  But generally I have found that people who come here, or
any haven on the e-way, want to help others, share thoughts, and expand
their circle of knowledge and friend around something they love.

Marc