Help for IBN-L Archives

IBN-L Archives

Subject: Re: Dursey (or Devil's Island).
From: "Fitzharris, Jim" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Fri, 13 Nov 2009 09:28:40 -0000

Derek,

Only a madman would have gone out again yesterday!

The bird turned up in a very open area with no bushes or trees so it
came as no surprise that it was gone on Wednesday.

There was a very remote chance that it had relocated to a better place
on the island but I gather the likely areas (few in number) were checked
out.  Like many bleak exposed islands, Dursey has a poor track record
for holding rarities of this nature.  The fact that the Ovenbird in 1990
lasted two days was a real (and very welcome!) surprise.

Cheers,

Jim.