Help for IBN-L Archives

IBN-L Archives

Subject: Old Head
From: Mark Shorten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 3 Aug 2010 17:18:51 +0100

Hi,
Was on the Old Head today to check access, the gate keeper let through but said that it is closed for the moment. He thought that there was an incident with rock climbers near the lighthouse and following this the Irish Lights sent a letter to the golf course management to stop all access. Irish Lights still own the road, I think. At least birders were not to blame this time!
I don't know how long this is going to go on, but I would say this season is gone. Does anyone have any contact with Irish lights? Anglers have access, but this is only below the gate.
Sent from the old Head

Mark