HTML-WG@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE

HTML-WG Home

HTML-WG  July 1995

HTML-WG July 1995

Simple Vector file format for Web?

"Peter K. Sheerin" <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 30 Jul 95 17:44:20 EDT

I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask this question, but I figure
someone here will know the answer.

Actually, I can't think of which other WG would be involved in this, other
than the HTML-WG...

I have seen two discussions on supporting vector files on the web,
complete with hyperlinks in the vector image. One was an extension of CGM,
and the other was a new format called SVF.

What is the current status of either of these proposals? I have been told
that both the Mosaic camp and the Netscape camp had the source code to
SVF, and would have it in their next versions. True? False?
* Peter K. Sheerin  Technical Editor,     | Work      : [log in to unmask]     *
* CADENCE Magazine & AutoCAD Tech Journal | CompuServe: 71621,3173           *
* 600 Harrison Street, San Francisco, CA  | Personal  : [log in to unmask]    *
* <URL:http://www.mfi.com/cadence/>     <URL:http://www.best.com/~psheerin/> *
* <URL:http://www.mfi.com/atj/>                                              *