HTML-WG  April 1995

HTML-WG April 1995

SGML confirming?

[log in to unmask] (Arthur van Hoff)

Mon, 17 Apr 95 13:02:41 EDT

Hi,

The HTML3 specification states:

	HTML is an application conforming to the International Standard
	ISO 8879 -- Standard Generalized Markup Language (SGML).

Has anyone succeeded in using an SGML compliant parser to parse
HTML2 and HTML3 documents? If so, could you please point me to it?

I'm trying to use a DTD driven SGML parser to read HTML documents but I
am finding that the HTML standard has diverged significantly from the
SGML standard.

Have fun,

	Arthur van Hoff ([log in to unmask])
	http://java.sun.com/people/avh/
	Sun Microsystems Inc, M/S UPAL02-301,
	100 Hamilton Avenue, Palo Alto CA 94301, USA
	Tel: +1 415 473 7242, Fax: +1 415 473 7104