Help for GAIDHLIG-B Archives

GAIDHLIG-B Archives

Subject: Re: "Theater" in Scots Gaelic?
From:Steafan Risnidh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 16 Dec 2002 10:14:34 +0000

The most commonly-used word in Scots would be
_taigh-cluiche_ but amharclann and also _talla-cluich_
are in the str-dta dictionary.

 --- Jason Wike <[log in to unmask]> wrote: > I've been
looking for the word "theater" in Scots
> Gaelic and could not find
> anything, but I found _amharclann_
> (looking-inclosure/building?) in Irish
> Gaelic. Would this be correct in Scottish Gaelic, or
> is there another word
> already present? Any help would be appriciated.
>

> Sln
>
> Want to signoff for a while?
> Send command SIGNOFF GAIDHLIG-B to

=====

Is math an sgthan sil caraid.  A friend's eye is a good mirror.

Thig croch air an t-saoghail, ach mairidh cel is gaol. (le Miri Mhr nan Oran)

The World will come to an end, but music and love will remain. (by Big Miri of the Songs.)