Help for GAIDHLIG-B Archives

Subject: Re: "Theater" in Scots Gaelic?
From:Steafan Risnidh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Mon, 16 Dec 2002 10:14:34 +0000

The most commonly-used word in Scots would be
_taigh-cluiche_ but amharclann and also _talla-cluich_
are in the str-dta dictionary.

 --- Jason Wike <[log in to unmask]> wrote: > I've been
looking for the word "theater" in Scots
> Gaelic and could not find
> anything, but I found _amharclann_
> (looking-inclosure/building?) in Irish
> Gaelic. Would this be correct in Scottish Gaelic, or
> is there another word
> already present? Any help would be appriciated.
> Sln
> Want to signoff for a while?
> Send command SIGNOFF GAIDHLIG-B to

Is math an sgthan sil caraid.  A friend's eye is a good mirror.

Thig croch air an t-saoghail, ach mairidh cel is gaol. (le Miri Mhr nan Oran)

The World will come to an end, but music and love will remain. (by Big Miri of the Songs.)

Do You Yahoo!?

Want to signoff for a while?
Send command SIGNOFF GAIDHLIG-B to [log in to unmask]