Exercise on the Imperative forms of the verb.
1. Let me be singing.
2. Be quite.
3. Let him be mannerly.
4. Let us be talking Gaelic.
5. Let you be here earily.
6. Let them be waiting.
7. Let us not be singing.
8. Let them not be late.
Reading Lesson 1
1. I was speaking to Mary on the phone.
2. She received a telegram from John in Boston.
3. He was ill in the hospital.
4. He is now well after the surgical operation.
5. His sister is a nurse in the hospital.
6. John got to be a railway superintendent.
7. One of his sons is a marine engineer.
8. Another one is an electrical engineer.
9. And one a land engineer. (surveyer?)