CSOUND@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE

CSOUND Home

CSOUND  August 2018

CSOUND August 2018

Re: midiin and score

Michael Gogins <[log in to unmask]>

A discussion list for users of Csound <[log in to unmask]>

Sun, 12 Aug 2018 18:34:14 -0400

If you use the following command-line options you do not need to do
anything at all, the MIDI channel messages for note on and note off
will automatically be routed to the specified pfields in the
instrument definitions. You can still use the other MIDI opcodes, such
as controllers. For instruments that use these options, you should
have one releasing envelope, and may need to rescale the MIDI
velocities to match your conventions for note loudness.

These options should replace the MIDI/Score interoperability opcodes!

--midi-key=N
Route MIDI note on message key number to pfield N as MIDI value [0-127].

--midi-key-cps=N
Route MIDI note on message key number to pfield N as cycles per second.

--midi-key-oct=N
Route MIDI note on message key number to pfield N as linear octave.

--midi-key-pch=N
Route MIDI note on message key number to pfield N as oct.pch (pitch class).

--midi-velocity=N
Route MIDI note on message velocity number to pfield N as MIDI value [0-127].

--midi-velocity-amp=N
Route MIDI note on message velocity number to pfield N as amplitude [0-0dbFS].

I've attached an example of an instrument definition that uses
--midi-key=4 --midi-velocity=5, you can see it's just the same as a
standard instrument except for the envelope and some amplitude
rescaling.

Regards,
Mike

Michael Gogins