CSOUND@LISTSERV.HEANET.IE

CSOUND Home

CSOUND  July 2018

CSOUND July 2018

Re: HRTF-Neutralization of in-file

SteffenE <[log in to unmask]>

A discussion list for users of Csound <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 12 Jul 2018 02:53:17 -0700

jpff wrote
> On Mon, 9 Jul 2018, SteffenE wrote:
>

>>> B  0.000 ..  6.000 T  6.000 TT  6.000 M:7278.71896  0.00000
>>> 	 number of samples out of range:   264231        0
>>> Score finished in csoundPerform().
>>> inactive allocs returned to freespace
>>> end of score.		   overall amps:7278.71896  0.00000
>>> 	   overall samples out of range:   264231        0
>>> 0 errors in performance
>>> Elapsed time at end of performance: real: 7.361s, CPU: 1.914s
>>> closing device
>>> 2068 256 sample blks of 64-bit floats written to dac
>>
>> How can there be samples out of range? Out of which range?
>>

> Therange in question is -0dbfs to +0dbfs
>
> I am guessing you did not set 0ddfs so the default value is 32k
>
> There are mny reason why an algorithm may exceed the range if any
> modification is made to a signal.
>
> Csound mailing list

> Send bugs reports to
>         https://github.com/csound/csound/issues

Thank you for your answer. At first I thought of a array range, instead of a
amplitude range...
I did set the 0dbfs to 1.0.
The reason the amplitude is out of range is because I convolute the signal
with the reciprocal of a rather low amplitude signal, which results in very
high factors. I'm pretty sure that I have to normalize the HRIR files before
I use them, so that the reciprocal doesn't result in such extreme values.
But even then, I think I'll have to limit the convolution result.

Still... there is something odd with rfft. It shouldn't return negative
values and I dont know why it does.

--
Sent from: http://csound.1045644.n5.nabble.com/Csound-General-f1093014.html