Subject: Re: Ray's Beard (was RE: Celtic-L)
From: James Mathieson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Thu, 18 Jul 2002 11:20:55 -0700

--- Raimund KARL <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Am I to take this as an insult to my beard, or is it just an insult to
> the photographer?

Ray, I wouldn't worry about that too much! After all, it was the sweeping mustache
and long hair that the Celts were renown for, was it not? rather than the beard.

> If it is the first, you better start to ask your
> frieds&family for subsidies, as you will have to pay my honour-price...
> ;-)

Subsidies? Hey! Maybe the EU has beard subsidies! After all, I believe you can find
them for most anything. Oh, or better yet, eventual Russian Federation membership in
the EU can be made contingent upon Russian Orthodox priests subsidizing European
beards.

> RAY
> ... who else will get his claymore from the woods ...

In Wales? I'd have thought you'd much rather reach for a good Welsh longbow!

Cheers,
James
Beardless, and speaking purely in jest, and with the utmost respect for a man
described to me as having "...a velcro mind for detail..."

=====
It is better to go barefoot than to be without books.

-Icelandic Proverb