Help for ALGAE-L Archives

ALGAE-L Archives

Subject: question about DNA extraction from microalgae
From: hui liu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:Tue, 20 Jul 2004 11:35:49 -0400

Dear Colleague,
     i have a question about DNA extraction from micro algae. we want to
extract DNA from Polycarbonate or PES filter when cell number is very low
like 100cells/filter(47um). We already tried several methods like dissolving
the filter using chloroform or direct extracting from GITC, however we could
only extract DNA when the cell number is high like 10,000. would anyone can
give me some advice or suggestion? Any comments will be very
appreciate!Thank you!
      Hui