Help for ALGAE-L Archives

ALGAE-L Archives

Subject: Algal culture media ingredient search
From: [log in to unmask]
Date:Mon, 22 Sep 2003 12:06:07 -0400

Dear Colleagues:

Does anyone have a source for purchasing ferric sequestrene?  Perhaps it is known by another name?  We are using it as an ingredient in a algal culture nutrient enrichment media.

Does anyone have an alternative compound?  Inquiries at the Chemical Companies have yielded very little information.

Thanks in advance.

Ira Levine
University of Southern Maine

Please respond to my university email account

This message was sent to you because you are subscribed to ALGAE-L, a listserver list run by [log in to unmask] You can remove your name from the ALGAE-L list by sending a message to [log in to unmask] with the words SIGNOFF ALGAE-L in the text or by accessing If you have further difficulty please contact the listowner. More information and an archive of messages since 1995 can be found at